Essentials of Colon Cleansing Diet
Although a complete gastrointestinal flush is often the best option, you can keep toxin and harmful bacteria levels low using a colon cleansing diet and common sense. However, because a person can literally accumulate upwards of 40 pounds of dried and compacted feces in the colon alone, a bowel cleanser is often recommended prior to initiating any diet. A good colon cleanser will remove the concentration of accumulated feces—something that diet alone simply cannot do. A truly effective colon cleanse diet plan will address three main areas:
- Eliminate foods that slow digestion
- Consume foods rich in dietary fiber
- Include foods that are rich in antioxidants
Foods that slow the digestive process increase the likelihood of constipation problems arising and thus the potential for more waste to accumulate within the large intestines and colon. Cooked foods and any made with complex molecular structures take longer for the body to digest and break down. When this happens, the body will not eliminate waste in a timely manner and constipation symptoms such as abdominal cramping appear. Have you ever noticed any elimination problems during the holidays or after rich meals? Foods that slow the digestive process include:
- Red meats especially, but any meat in general
- Processed foods (pastas, microwave dinner, foods high in preservatives or other additives, white bread)
- Foods high in saturated fats, including many fast food offerings
- Refined sugars
- Dairy products (calcium affects muscles in large intestines and slows progress of food through digestive tract)
People who consume any of the above mentioned foods will tend to require a more concentrated and effective colon cleansing kit because they will have higher concentrations of accumulated waste. One simple and effective way to modify your diet so that it naturally pushed waste through the body regularly and without constipation problems—add more fiber.
Fiber is beneficial to any bowel cleansing diet because it naturally adds bulk to stool which helps waste move through the gastrointestinal tract faster. In addition, fiber draws water into the colon and thus softens stool so bowel movements are easier and less painful.
Any colon cleansing procedure will seem more effective when followed by a diet that is rich in antioxidants. This is because antioxidants help neutralize toxins known as free radicals, which cause a number of health issues, including:
- Gastrointestinal problems such as constipation, flatulence, and increased chances for Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Decreased eyesight
- Increased chances for heart and liver disease
- Cell damage
- Skin problems such as excess acne problems or increased rate of external aging
Blue-green algae and similar foods are rich in antioxidants and chlorophyll, both beneficial to a detoxified body and improved health. Other essential foods to any colon cleansing diet which are rich in beneficial antioxidants are:
- Green Peas
Try New Colon Sweep today and discover how convenient, safe, gentle and effective an oxygen based colon cleanser can be.